Indianapolis, IN. – September 23, 2019
On October 7 Moonami will launch the inaugural Moodle Educator Certification (MEC) program. Developed by Moodle HQ, the MEC program certifies mastery in building effective teaching and learning activities with Moodle. It extends the foundational skills received via Moonami’s own training offerings.
Designed for higher ed faculty, K-12 teachers, corporate instructors, and trainers, this program uses leading research on curriculum development and digital competency standards to provide educators with transferable knowledge and skills that impact teaching and learning practice.
● Develop your skills with up to 22 modules focused on education-related digital competencies.
● Choose from 3 certification paths: Foundation Level (6 modules), Teaching Approach (4 specializations), and Comprehensive (all 22 modules).
● Actively learn through a series of video tutorials, applied examples, and design challenges guided by a certified Moonami facilitator.
● Earn a badge each time you complete a module.
● Get feedback from our Moonami Facilitator, Kelly Dempsey, who will assist you in completing your learning activities. Kelly’s experience as an educator and instructional designer will be helpful as she guides participants through the program.
Participants design and build learning activities that center on a particular digital competency. These learning activities, called Design Challenges, are assessed on how effectively the module ’s learning outcome was addressed. Achieving a level of “Competent” or “Mastery” in each of the module’s two Design Challenges is required to earn a module badge.
How long will it take and what will it cost?
Moonami will offer the Moodle Educator Certification Program starting October 7, 2019.
The Core Certification will run six (6) weeks (1 week for each module). To complete the Core, Teaching Approach, and Comprehensive Certifications, you should plan on 6 months of largely self-paced study as there are 22 modules.
Moonami’s course facilitator will be available during a set time each week to answer your questions and help you through any issues that might arise.
Participants can expect to spend approximately 4-6 hours in each of the six (6) modules exploring and working with the supporting content and activities.