Moonami offers the Moodle Educator Certification (MEC) program developed by Moodle HQ. The MEC program certifies mastery in building effective teaching and learning activities with Moodle. It extends the foundational skills received via Moonami’s own training offerings.
Designed for higher ed faculty, K-12 teachers, corporate instructors, and trainers, this program uses leading research on curriculum development and digital competency standards to provide educators with transferable knowledge and skills that impact teaching and learning practice.
● Develop your skills with up to 22 modules focused on education-related digital competencies.
● Choose from 3 certification paths: Foundation Level (6 modules), Teaching Approach (4 specializations), and Comprehensive (all 22 modules).
● Actively learn through a series of video tutorials, applied examples, and design challenges guided by a certified Moonami facilitator.
● Earn a badge each time you complete a module.
● Get feedback from our Moonami Facilitator to assist you in developing, revising and completing your learning activities.
Participants design and build learning activities that center on a particular digital competency. These learning activities, called Design Challenges, are assessed by Moonami’s facilitator on how effectively the module ’s learning outcome was addressed. Achieving a level of “Competent” or “Mastery” in each of the module’s two Design Challenges is required to earn a module badge.
Kelly is Moonami’s LMS Solutions Architect. She came to us recently from Colgate University and is thrilled to join the Moonami team after a 20 year career in higher-ed as an instructional designer, LMS admin and K-12 teacher. After obtaining an M.Ed. from Columbia University she received a degree in instructional design from UW Madison sparking her interest in creating engaging eLearning experiences. To launch Moonami’s MEC program, Kelly earned the Moodle Educator Certification (MEC) and is a Certified Facilitator. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking the Adirondacks near her home in upstate NY, reading a good mystery novel, golfing and travel to beach destinations.