comprehensive, competency-based curriculum designed to help educators
build their mastery of digital competencies via the Moodle platform.
Developed by Moodle HQ to certify mastery in building effective teaching and learning activities with Moodle. It extends the foundational skills received via Moonami’s own training offerings. Designed for higher ed faculty, K-12 teachers, corporate instructors, and trainers, using leading research on digital competency standards to provide educators with knowledge and skills to impact their teaching and learning practice.
● Develop your skills with up to 22 modules focused on education-related digital competencies.
● Choose from 3 certification paths: Foundation Level (6 modules), Teaching Approach (4 specializations), and Comprehensive (all 22 modules).
● Actively learn through a series of video tutorials, applied examples, and design challenges guided by a certified Moonami facilitator.
● Get feedback from our Moonami Facilitator to assist you in developing, revising and completing your learning activities.
● Earn a badge each time you complete a module or earn a Certificate for completing each path.
Moonami offers all 3 certification paths. The Foundation Level program takes place over a 6 weeks period. We cap each session at 12 participants. You complete 2 “Design Challenges,” a reflection discussion and feedback activity for each of the 6 modules. We start off each cohort with a “live” Zoom session to provide an orientation and again to wrap up with a final session. These sessions allow participants to engage with the other cohort members and ask questions. The other 2 certification paths will be offer in 2020 as self-paced options guided by a facilitator. The Comprehensive Certificate will be awarded once all 22 MEC modules have been completed.
Kelly is Moonami’s Client Success Manager. She came to us recently from Colgate University and is thrilled to join the Moonami team after a 20 year career in higher-ed as an instructional designer, LMS admin and K-12 teacher. After obtaining an M.Ed. from Columbia University she received a degree in instructional design from UW Madison sparking her interest in creating engaging eLearning experiences. To launch Moonami’s MEC program, Kelly earned the Moodle Educator Certification (MEC) and is a Certified Facilitator.